The First-line Test for the Diagnosis and Management of Hematuria
MicroVysion® routinely examines all urine specimens to rule out cancer. It is also a quantitative, analytical test proven to be useful in the diagnosis of infections, inflammatory conditions, diseases of the kidney, and a wide variety of systemic or chronic diseases such as diabetes, hypertension and immune processes such as lupus.
Combines laboratory disciplines into one multi-discipline approach.
- Urine cytology using papanicolaou and acid hematoxylin stains and routine urine analysis enhanced by special chemistry.
MicroVysion is a complete urine analysis that differentiates between hematuria originating from kidney or other areas of the urinary tract.
- Special chemistry to determine health of kidneys
- Qualitative sediment analysis to rule out the presence of cancer
- Microscopic review by cytotechnologist and pathologist
Hematuria may occur as a result of many conditions, such as:
- Stones occurring in the kidney or bladder
- Kidney disease (primary and hereditary)
- Primary tumors of the bladder
- Benign prostatic hyperplasia
- Obstructive uropathology
- Medications and toxins
- Metastatic cancers